Sustaining members and Leadership Society members are automatically entered into all contests.
Throughout the KJZZ New Member Drive 2018, KJZZ will hold giveaways and contest opportunities sponsored by Friends of Public Radio Arizona during specific hours of the drive. Anyone can enter to win the prize(s) during the specific time of each giveaway or contest by calling 1-888-774-9150 or entering online at KJZZ.org. All entries are time-stamped at the beginning of the phone call or online entry. When you enter this contest you will be added to the KJZZ mailing list. One entry per person allowed.
Winners must be available at the phone number provided on the entry form at the time of the drawing to win. The winner will be announced on-air and posted on this website by the following business day.
All callers and web entries on Thursday, October 18, 2018, beginning at 5:50 a.m. and ending on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at 6:00 p.m., will be entered to win the following contests. One entry per person allowed.
- Trip for Two (2) to San Francisco (winner selected on Friday, October 19, 2018, at 6:00 p.m.)
- Round-trip airfare between Phoenix and San Francisco for two (2)
- Three (3) nights at the Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf
- 4-hour excursion to see the redwoods at Muir Woods National Monument and the quaint, bayside village of Sausalito
- 8-hour daytrip via motorcoach to visit two (2) wineries in Napa wine country, plus Yountville for shopping
- Must travel before May 31, 2019 (blackouts on Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- KJZZ Perfect Mix tumblers - all listeners who become new $10/month sustaining members will receive a KJZZ Perfect Mix tumbler/travel mug Saturday only (October 20, 2018)
- Trip for Two (2) to New Orleans (winner selected on Sunday, October 21, 2018, at 6:00 p.m.)
- Round-trip airfare between Phoenix and New Orleans for two (2)
- Three (3) nights at the historic Hotel Monteleone, a luxury hotel in the French Quarter since 1886
- French Quarter Walking Tour with a guide who explains its secrets and helps you understand all it has to offer, from architecture, courtyards, and gardens to food, music, and art
- Paddle and Wheel Tour includes a city tour and a Natchez steamboat cruise on the Mississippi River (lunch not included)
- A choice of dinner at one of three restaurants: Mr. B’s Bistro, Court of Two Sisters, or Commander’s Palace
- Must travel before May 31, 2019 (blackouts on Thanksgiving and Christmas)
- Tickets for Two (2) to See Snap Judgment - the first 30 listeners to become new $10/month sustaining members Sunday only (October 21, 2018) will receive tickets for two to see Snap Judgment Live in Mesa on November 16th
- Trip for Two (2) to Montreal, Canada (winner selected on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at 6:00 p.m.)
- Round-trip airfare between Phoenix and Montreal, Canada, for two (2)
- Four (4) nights in a deluxe room with daily breakfast at the Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
- 3.5-hour city tour to visit Montreal’s top attractions and historical sites, like Notre-Dame Basilica, Chinatown, Mount Royal Park, Olympic Stadium, St. Joseph’s Oratory, and Old Montreal
- 90-minute Le Bateau-Mouche sightseeing cruise along the St. Lawrence River from the Old Port
- 2-day hop-on, hop-off double-decker bus pass
- Must book travel before December 15, 2018 and travel before May 15, 2019 (blackouts on Thanksgiving and Christmas). River cruise is only available between May 1 and May 15, 2019.
How to Enter
KJZZ’s New Member Drive Giveaways and Contests are sponsored by Friends of Public Radio Arizona and are open for any individual to participate unless they are excluded by eligibility restrictions. To enter the contest, individuals must call 888-774-9150 toll free or enter online at KJZZ.org during the specific hours referenced above for each contest period. No donation to support Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ is necessary to enter the contest.
- Contests are open to U.S. residents 18 years of age and older.
- KJZZ employees and their families are not eligible to enter any KJZZ contest.
- Friends of Public Radio Arizona board members are not eligible to enter any KJZZ contest while in office.
- Limit one entry per person.
Selection of Winner(s)
Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ will randomly draw a winner and five alternates from all entries for each specific contest. The drawings will be conducted immediately following the conclusion of each contest. Entrants must be available at the phone number provided in order to accept the prize and be named the contest winner. The contest winner is not decided until the prize has been accepted.
Winners of all giveaways and contests will be announced on-air and posted online at KJZZ.org. Contest winners will be contacted by the KJZZ Development Department to make arrangements to secure the prize(s) within ten (10) days of accepting the prize. For prizes valued over $500, a signed W-9 form is required from all winners in order to redeem a prize within ten (10) days of accepting the prize. In the event a signed W-9 form is not received by KJZZ within ten (10) days of a winner accepting a prize, the winner will forfeit the prize. KJZZ reserves the right at any time to award the prize to another eligible entrant, drawn at random. When prizes include air travel or hotel stays, winners will be required to make arrangements directly with sponsors, as indicated by Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ after prize acceptance.
Terms and Conditions
All winners will be announced on-air and posted on this website in a timely manner, typically one day, following the completion of the contest. Entrants selected by random drawing will be called at the end of each contest and must answer the phone and accept the prize in order to be named the contest winner. If the first entrant selected does not answer, the next alternate drawn will be contacted and offered the prize.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ's Member Drive Giveaways and Contests are subject to federal regulations. Prizes valued over $500 require the completion of IRS form W-9 for tax purposes.
To claim the prize, contest winner(s) must contact the KJZZ Development Department at 480-774-8400 to make arrangements to secure the prize(s) within ten (10) days of accepting the prize. No purchase or donation is necessary. Void where prohibited.
All decisions made by station management with regard to the prize(s), the selection of prizewinners, and the interpretation of these rules are final. Each entrant, by virtue of entering the contest, agrees to accept the decision of the station as final. Entrants must be available at phone number provided at time of selection to win. KJZZ will notify selected entrants by phone. Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ are not responsible for any mechanical telephone error, failure or omission; lost or misdirected mail, faxes or e-mail; neglect on the part of the US Postal Service; or e-mail service disruption.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ reserves the right at any time to award the prize to another eligible entrant, drawn at random, if the original prizewinner declines, is unavailable, fails to return a signed W-9 form to KJZZ for a prize valued over $500 within ten (10) days of accepting the prize, or in any way cannot make use of the prize or in the event that the original prizewinner does not meet eligibility requirements. If a contest winner fails to accept the prize for any reason, Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ will not award a make-good prize or provide replacements for a forfeited prize.
Prizewinner(s) accept responsibility for all taxes, tips and other liabilities, including but not limited to transportation, extended lodging and other affiliated costs that may not be included in the prize package including taxes on unused travel prizes and retail gift cards. Once a prize has been issued, it cannot be returned to Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ for the purpose of avoiding tax liability.
Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. By entering, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KJZZ, including all officers, directors, employees, volunteers and sponsors from all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in the Friends of Public Radio – KJZZ’s New Member Drive. Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ, have sole discretion, to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process or the operation of the KJZZ website as well as any person in violation of the rules. Failure to utilize prizes, including trips, does not negate winners from tax obligations for prizes valued at $500 or more.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
Friends of Public Radio Arizona – KJZZ are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
Copies of the written contest rules will be available up to 30 days after the end of the contest at KJZZ.org. You may also receive the rules by mail by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to KJZZ, 2323 West 14th Street, Tempe, AZ, 85281.
Important Information About International Travel
Disclaimer for international cooking and wine tour contests: These are study tours that focus on developing an authentic understanding of another culture by cooking the country’s food. We will be preparing various vegetables, meats, and spices, many of which you may never have encountered before or which may be at odds with your dietary preferences. While you will be free to refrain from participating in any activity, the very nature of these experiences does not allow us to provide accommodations to individual dietary allergies or preferences, including but not limited to dairy, eggs, wheat, nuts, alcohol, beef, fish, and pork. Additionally, these experiences will require significant physical activity, including walking, climbing stairs, and standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time. Because of this, we cannot guarantee assistance for travelers with mobility issues.
Passports: Contest winners for international travel must possess passports valid for at least six (6) months from the first day of the trip. If you do not have a passport at the time you accept the prize, you agree to expedite your passport application or renewal and to reimburse Friends of Public Radio Arizona - KJZZ for any additional transportation costs incurred due to a delay in obtaining a valid passport.
Health Certification: Contest winners for KJZZ travel experiences must be prepared to assent to the following health certification: I hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge, I am in good physical health, can readily walk three to five miles per day, climb at least three flights of stairs without stopping, and stand on hard surfaces for at least an hour at a time. Additionally, I agree to provide the leaders of this experience a sealed envelope at the orientation dinner at the studios of KJZZ with a listing of the medications that I am taking at the time of departure that can be supplied to medical personnel in the event of an emergency. If unneeded, this envelope will be returned at the end of the trip.